Chocolate is addictive! When I was a child, it was my favourite/go-to candy and I would eat it till my tummy hurt. When I became vegan, I was worried that I won’t find a good chocolate dessert but I couldn’t be more wrong! When mixing 80%-100% pure cocoa with coconut cream, you create the most creamy, decadent chocolate heaven!
I’ve experimented with this recipe 6 times till I got it right – I struggled with the texture of the creams because I wanted both the berry and chocolate creams to have the same consistency. Try this recipe and let me know what you think about it!
Visit www.veggibitch.com for the recipe.
Original music by https://www.instagram.com/konradsoundfreqs/
Royalty-free music by https://www.partnersinrhyme.com/ Jazz Collection (licensed).
Royalty-free music from Pixabay
Royalty-free music and sound effects by GarageBand.
Chocolate Berry Pie
- 1.5 Cup White flour
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1.5 Cup Coconut cream Heavy cream
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 3-4 TBSP Ice water
- 1.25 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Big Lemon
- 2 TBSP Corn starch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- In a bowl, add the flour, 2 TBSP sugar, 1/4 TSP salt. Whisk together so they are thoroughly combined.
- Add 1/2 cups vegan butter - add and gather until it is evenly combined into the flour. Slowly add the ice water.
- Gently bring the dough together with your hands. Create a ball.
- Press the dough against the pie dish till it's evenly spread on the pan.
- With a fork, poke holes in the dough on the surface and the sides of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Rest at room temperature.
- In a pot, add 1.5 cups of berries (frozen or fresh).
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 5-10 minutes till the berries break down. Add 2 TBLS sugar and mix.
- In a small bowl add 2 TBLS corn starch and 1/2 cup of water. Mix till you get a smooth, watery consistency.
- Add the mixture of corn starch/water into the pot and mix the berry puree till the starch is fully absorbed.
- Remove from the stove and transfer the berry jelly into a blender. Add the juice of one lemon and blend till you get a smooth consistency.
- Put a 1/4 cup of the berry jelly on the side, and spread the rest on the pie crust (on the bottom and sides). Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, place 1/4 cup berry jelly, 3/4 walnuts, 1/2 cup coconut cream and 1/3 cup sugar. Blend till smooth and then spread a layer of the berry cream on top of the berry jelly in the pie dish. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, place 1 cup of coconut cream, 1/2 cup of walnuts, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/3 cup of sugar. Blend till smooth and then spread a layer of the chocolate cream on top of the berry cream in the pie dish. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Decorate with fresh berries, mint or basil leaves and shredded nuts or chocolate.